Loss


Hi everyone,

This post will be a little different as we recently had to say goodbye to our wonderful dog Henry. I was thinking today about how it’s been almost a week and I still miss that little dog so much! Some people get it but I have had others around me who aren’t dog people who just don’t. I think the grief caught me by surprise as we knew it was coming and made this decision to help his quality of life. I picture him running in heaven and annoying everyone with his need to be involved and I know he is in a better place. Yet the pain I feel is physical and real and endures. I wonder when I won’t feel like a hole is sitting in my heart. I wonder if my emotions are too much? I’m doing my best to learn that my emotions are valid and sitting with them can be healthy but it goes against some of what I’ve been taught... 

Anyway, I needed a place to share and I thank you for being part of the process in my healing from this grief. 

Comments