Winter Coats/Vest


Hello lovies,

So, if you live in America you know that this week has been a cold one! I know its much colder in other parts of the nation, but I think it is safe to say that you are feeling cold wherever you are. For the next couple of posts, I though I'd share some of my personal cold-weather favorites. In SC we don't ever get below freezing weather, but it does get cold for us and I can only tell you what I like to wear for those times of year. If you live in a colder climate comment below and tell me what your favorite cold weather items are!

Before we start, a disclaimer about my own personal style. I love classic, preppy clothes and that is definitely reflected in my picks. Recently I have been growing up my style a bit, but I still remain true to the famine, classic roots that I have always loved. A few of my favorite style icons are Audrey Hepburn, Jackie O, Reese Witherspoon and Kate Middleton. For more detailed info on my personal style check out my Pinterest board ;)

So, back to the post, first off outerwear... My absolute go-to jacket that I wear all the time is my LLBean Quilted Riding Jacket. I love this jacket so much because it keeps you warm but isn't super bulky and also is stylish and cute. LLBean makes great quality so although this jacket is on the pricer side I know I will have it for a long time. I don't think I could justify spending a huge amount of money on one, like the classic Burberry version, but I do think investing in one is a good choice. Target also makes a cute option if you are unsure of the look for you, or looking to purchase one on a budget. Make sure to size up a bit so you can fit a sweater underneath for those colder days as well.
L.L. Bean, Coat, Jacket, Manchester, England, Fashion, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall
My Riding Jacket made it all the way to England!  
London, England, Riding Jacket, Fashion, Coat, Jacket, Cate Fryland, Winter, Cate's Catchall 
A close-up at the musical Wicked in London






















Another great outerwear staple is a cute vest. My amazing sister recently gifted me a monogrammed Lands' End Vest for Christmas and I have been wearing it nonstop! In Charleston, it can be really good to have a nice vest for days that warm up in the afternoon so you want to have another layer but a full on jacket may be too much. I also love the look of a quilted vest and I may be eyeing one LLBean has had recently go on sale.  Another staple has to be the puffer vest that pretty much everyone either has or knows what I am talking about  I think a vest is a great option to a sweater for warmer cold days (oxymoron I know!) and can also be layered over a warm sweater for a different look when you get sick of wearing the same jacket all winter! Since my quilted riding jacket is Navy, and my Christmas vest is Gray, I may look to get a brighter color for a second vest to spice it up a bit!
Vest, Lands' End, gray, fleece, monogrammed, winter, fashion, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall
Monogrammed Lands' End Vest
Vest, Talbots, white, cream, puffer, winter, fashion, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall
A puffer vest is a winter staple! 

Here are some of my favorite winter coats and vests. I hope you enjoyed reading! Make sure to check back for more winter wear posts coming soon, and leave a comment below if you have other winter staples!


Winter Coats/Vest

Comments

  1. you look so cute in your jacket in england!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am very blessed that I was able to go on the trip!

      Delete

Post a Comment