Winter Shoes

Labrador, Booties, Boots, Shoes, Winter, Lucky Brand, Cate's Catchall, Cate Fryland, Recommend

So back again to talk about Southern Winter staples I love! Today is one of my favorite things to talk about, buy, shop, recommend, wear...... shoes! I have always loved shoes, ever since I was a little girl I would choose shoes over any other clothing item, and now that my feet stay the same size my collection has grown quite well! So winter shoes are all about the boots and booties. I also throw in some flats and sneakers. My favorite website to shop for shoes is 6pm which I haven't heard a lot about but is basically the discount website from Zappos. You can really find amazing deals there and I always have something in my basket!

In winter, a lot of us are wearing boots. Riding boots are always a staple and two years ago I invested in a high quality pair of leather riding boots from the English company DUO. They custom make the boots to your shoe and calf size so if you have skinny calves or wider ones you can find some high quality boots there. I think riding boots like these are a good investment because with proper care they can last you a long time and you can also have them resoled when needed. Also, leather conforms to you over time so these shoes will get more comfortable the more you wear them. Seen also here!
Labrador, Booties, Boots, Shoes, Winter, Duo, Riding, Cate's Catchall, Cate Fryland, Preppy, Style, Recommend
Duo Riding Boots
When I'm not wearing my riding boots I tend to opt for booties. I love ankle boots and think they are so versatile for dressing up or down and wearing with leggings, jeans, skirts and dresses. I have a pair of black suede ones and another pair that my Dad got me for Christmas from Lucky Brand. They are a fast favorite and I would definitely recommend them! I have worn them like every other day since they came :) .
Labrador, Booties, Boots, Shoes, Winter, Lucky Brand, Cate's Catchall, Cate Fryland, Preppy, Style, Recommend
Lucky Brand Booties
 I also have a pair of light brown cowboy-esq slouchy boots that I love to wear for an in-between sort of look. In Charleston, it is kind of a must to have rain boots and the Hunter ones I have are great because you can add thick socks under them for more warmth in the winter. I also have a pair of L.L. Bean Rubber Moc's and am ordering a pair of duck boots that I pair with thick socks, like these from J.Crew, during the colder months.

Labrador, Booties, Boots, Shoes, Winter, L.L Bean, Bean Boot, Duck Boot, Moc, Rubber, J.Crew, Socks, Cate's Catchall, Cate Fryland, Preppy, Style, Recommend
LL Bean Rubber Moc's and J. Crew Socks
Finally, some days you just don't want to wear a boot and in Charleston we have the option of going with cute sneakers or flats. I know this isn't an option for everyone because they may not keep your feet warm enough, but in Charleston we do have warmer winter weather and can get away with flats with thick tights, or sneakers with thicker socks. My favorite pairs of flat shoes to wear are my Me Too magenta slip ons or my Novelty Smoking Slippers from C.Wonder. 

Labrador, Booties, Boots, Shoes, Winter, C. Wonder, Flats, maroon, velvet, Cate's Catchall, Cate Fryland, Preppy, Style, Recommend
Labrador, Booties, Boots, Shoes, Winter, Me Too, Flats, Bright, Magenta, Cate's Catchall, Cate Fryland, Preppy, Style, Recommend




















Below are some pictures of shoes currently available to buy and I would definitely recommend all of these. Also, if you live in a colder climate, what are your winter shoe essentials?


Winter Shoes

Comments