September 2020 BirchBox Review

 

Birchbox, MakeUp, Davines, Arrow, Eyeko, IT Cosmetics, Marcelle, Mascara, Lip Oil, Secret Sauce
September 2020 Birchbox

Until recently I got my "beauty fix" with the monthly Sephora Play! boxes but those have been discontinued. I decided to try and find another subscription box that I felt was worth the money and product delivery every month. I am looking for one with decent sample sizes, a good variety of products and high quality brands I am familiar with. The first one I decided to give a try is Birchbox. I used to be a Birchbox subscriber years ago but cancelled my subscription because I wasn't happy with the quality of products. I felt as though they always had flashy promo products but what you actually got month to month wasn't that great. Since pretty much all of the beauty boxes have an introductory offer I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a try again. 

In the September Birchbox came six products. Three makeup items, two skin care and one hair mask. Overall I felt like there were fairly decent sample sizes and it was a mix of brands I recognize and ones I haven't heard of. 

Birchbox, MakeUp, Davines, Arrow, Eyeko, IT Cosmetics, Marcelle, Mascara, Lip Oil, Secret Sauce
Wearing the lip oil, mascara and brow liner

In the makeup department, I received an Eyeko brow liner, Marcelle Xtension Plus Curl Mascara and Arrow Nourishing Lip Oil. Arrow is a Birchbox exclusive brand and also falls into the clean beauty area which I think is always good for items you put on your lips! I've tried each of these products out and have really liked the lip oil and brow liner. I recognize the Eyeko brand but not the other two. The Marcelle mascara was just so-so and not something I would repurchase. 

For skincare they sent along an IT Cosmetics Secret Sauce Moisturizer and Sand & Sky pink clay mask. I appreciate that the moisturizer is probably for more dry skin but someone with oily or acne prone skin would gravitate more towards the clay mask. I have tested both out and like them well enough but neither made me want to purchase the full size products. If you've read this post then you know I've been working on my skin care to get my acne under control and neither product broke me out or seemed to do wonders so a bit of a middle of the road experience with these. 

Birchbox, MakeUp, Davines, Arrow, Eyeko, IT Cosmetics, Marcelle, Mascara, Lip Oil, Secret Sauce
A closer look of the makeup and skincare products

Finally a full size Davines reparative hair mask was included. This was a good size at 1.69fl oz and I have heard great things about the Davines brand. I haven't yet tried out this product yet as I typically have oily hair and don't find hair masks necessary but will be sure to let you know what I think when I do try it over on my instagram @cates_catchall

I'm on the fence with keeping the Birchbox subscription... I did like this months products but I also know how quickly these samples can add up! I have a few more boxes coming along and will update you on which ones I think are worth it or not. For now I am going to continue my Birchbox subscription and will see how the next few months of products line up! 

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read my review. Let me know if you've tried a subscription box and would recommend it or not! 

Comments