Current Skincare Favorites

October 2016 Skincare 

Hello everybody! Thanks for stopping by again. Today I wanted to touch on a subject that I know is important to most women (and men) and that is skincare! Now full disclaimer here, I am one of the lucky people who have generally good skin. It's not perfect by any means but I don't (and haven't) ever suffered from sever acne or other skin concerns.

Bare skin, no filter (don't be too harsh in the comments lol!)

However, I do take care of my skin in an effort to keep it in good condition. I have generally dry skin with redness around my nose and chin. I also suffer from dark circles under my eyes. Since I have fair skin any marks or dullness seems to show up more on my skin so even if I only have one blemish, the red mark will linger for awhile!

So, enough with the rambling and on to the products!



Since middle school I have been using CeraVe cleanser as my base standard. I don't really see the point in spending a lot of money on cleanser as you will just wash it off... Maybe that's not how its supposed to be, but its where I've chosen to limit my spending. You can get CeraVe from almost all drug stores or off line from Amazon.



Next I follow up with my current favorite serum. This has to be the Origins Original Skin Renewal Serum with Willowherb. This glides over my skin and leaves it refreshed and ready for moisturizer. The online description says this is a "super-serum that helps the skin look fresher, brighter, and smoother while it minimizes the appearance of imperfections." I really rate this serum and would definitely check it out if you are looking for something that does brighten and soften the look of your skin.


I follow up this serum with another Origins product, the GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer. This is probably my favorite product out of the bunch currently. It has a very subtle citrus scent that I really like and it hydrates my skin and leaves it so so soft! Online it says "This lightweight, oil-free facial cream is fortified with legendary skin-boosters like pan ginseng and coffee bean to jumpstart hydration levels. Lackluster-looking skin is rapidly refreshed and revitalized to create a healthy, vibrant glow.


That's it on a normal morning/evening for me. Let me know if you'd like a more detailed skincare post that includes masks, weekly treatments etc...

Comments