Ipsy September 2016 Glam Bag

Ipsy Glamazon

IPSY 2016 Glamazon

Did I tell you how much I like subscription boxes? In an earlier post I let y'all know what Birchbox shipped out for September, so today I thought it only fitting I review Ipsy's latest glam bag. This month was a good one with samples for nails, makeup and skin with the theme being Glamazon.

Wearing Mascara, BB Cream, Lipstick

Pixi by Petra Mattelustre Lipstick in Rose Natural - very cute sample size and a nice autumn color. I'm surprised its called Rose Natural because it was much more of a brownish-red on me. It's definitely a color I would wear in autumn but this does build very quick so be careful how much you put on in the first go.

Dr. G Daily Safe BB in Fair - Lovely color and consistency for me. Not too thick but it did pack quite a punch for a "BB" cream. I don't like heavy foundation, or foundation that I need to work in and this did need some time to really sink in. However, once it was set I found the finish very natural. I could definitely tell I was wearing something from the feel on my skin.

Ulta3 Nail Color in Sizzling Red - This is the one product I haven't tried... The color is very bright so its probably something I would only use on my toes and those I haven't had a chance to paint yet.

Closer look at the mascara. Different lip product on in these.

 IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara in Super Black - I really liked this mascara when I look back at photos. When applying it I thought it might not really give me the effect I wanted. I generally tend to skip eyeliner when doing my makeup so I tend towards really bold mascara. This gave me more of a natural look and really did a good job "fanning" out my lashes. It didn't give me crazy length but if you are more into volume I think you'd really like this.

Whish Renewing Mud Mask - This is a very lightweight mask which might be good if you have more sensitive/dry skin (which I do). My skin felt nice and soft when applying a serum afterwards but I didn't notice any increased clarity or decreased clogged pores after rinsing it off.

Do y'all own/love any of these products? What do you think of the look?

Comments