All the Missing Girls

Book Review #1 - All the Missing Girls


All the missing girls, c wonder, mugs, ralph lauren, glasses, books, Amazon
All the Missing Girls, C.Wonder "C" Mug,
Ralph Lauren Reading Glasses

Yesterday I started (and finished) this novel by Megan Miranda. I got this book recommendation from one of my favorite bloggers, Southern Curls & Pearls and ordered it off Amazon. The book has an interesting format as you start with the end of the story and work your way backwards day by day. It's full of small town drama and disappearances. Trust me, you will be hooked after chapter 2! To be honest, it has been awhile since I have read a piece of fiction purely for entertainment. In college I was a history major so the majority of my reads have been focused around topics I studied or more academic books. Currently, I am working my way through The Secret History of Wonder Woman so stay tuned for a review of that coming up shortly. 

However, reading All the Missing Girls reminded me of why I used to love books so much! Growing up I was a voracious reader and my parents would often not buy me books because they knew I would go through them so fast. I gained a great imagination from reading so much and I realize now how I can still get swept away in a book. I think growing up you start to loose this love if you aren't careful because you become inundated with so many required readings. I certainly got to a point where all I ever read was highly technical books for school and when the choice to read for pleasure came I didn't want to look at another book. Kudos to those of you who have stayed "pleasure readers," while also tackling required reading, but I unfortunately did not. Its something I definitely want to get back into and I think plowing through this book in a day shows that love returning. 

Definitely check it out and let me know what you think! 

Comments