January Julep Box Add-ons

Julep, Orbital Eyeshadow, Earthshine, Borealis, Review, Application, Julep Maven, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall
Makeup done with Julep Orbital Eyeshadows 

Hey y'all, 

So, as promised, here is part two for my January Julep Maven box. Check out part one where I reviewed the Julep Luxe Lip Conditioning treatment and Elixir Oil. Usually you get three products in your box and then you can add-on other products for a lesser price, which I choose to do this time around because I really wanted to try some of their new eyeshadows out. The products I chose to add-on this time were the:

Clean Slate Polish Corrector Pen 
Orbital Eyeshadow in Borealis
Orbital Eyeshadow in Earthshine
and then I got a free gift of the Go Big mascara which I already had from a previous order. If you order three ad-ons you get a free gift in the set.

First, the Clean Slate Polish Corrector Pen. This pen is used to clean up any mishaps you may have had right along the edges of your nails. I used it yesterday to try it out and it worked OK.  You can't squeeze more product out so you just have to work with what is given to you. It does work for any that it right along smooth skin, but I sometimes have calluses along the edges of my nails and it doesn't really get in that. I do like that they give you spare tips with the packaging though. Overall, its a useful product to have but not really life changing when doing your nails.
Julep, Clean Slate Corrector Pen, manicure, at home manicure, Review, Application, Julep Maven, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall
Julep Clean Slate Corrector Pen
Julep, Clean Slate Corrector Pen, manicure, at home manicure, Review, Application, Julep Maven, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall
Julep Clean Slate Corrector Pen Tip
Julep, Clean Slate Corrector Pen, manicure, at home manicure, Review, Application, Julep Maven, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall , Essie, Bahama Mama
Nails done in Essie's Bahama Mama
 using Julep Clean Slate Corrector Pen 
Next, I received two of the new orbital eyeshadows. One in Borealis and one in Earthshine. I loved the images of these on the website so I was super excited to try it out. The colors are beautiful and will stay on your lid, but there is quite a bit of shadow fallout and you really need to build the coverage because one application is not enough.
Julep, Orbital Eyeshadow, Earthshine, Borealis, Review, Application, Julep Maven, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall
Borealis on left, Earthshine on right

Julep, Orbital Eyeshadow, Earthshine, Borealis, Review, Application, Julep Maven, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall
Julep Orbital Eyeshadow in Earthshine


Julep, Orbital Eyeshadow, Earthshine, Borealis, Review, Application, Julep Maven, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall
Julep Orbital Eyeshadow in Borealis 














Julep, Orbital Eyeshadow, Earthshine, Borealis, Review, Application, Julep Maven, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall
Julep Eyeshadow in Borealis 

Julep, Orbital Eyeshadow, Earthshine, Borealis, Review, Application, Julep Maven, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall
Julep Orbital Eyeshadow in Earthshine 


Finally I received a second Go Big mascara. I really like this mascara for doing my bottom lashes because the wand is quite small and you can really define these smaller lashes. It is a wetter formula but once it sets I don't have to worry about it smearing down my cheeks during the day. All photos above are with the mascara on both my top and bottom lashes. 
Julep, Go Big Mascara, Go Big,  Review, Application, Julep Maven, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall Julep, Go Big Mascara, Go Big, Wand,  Review, Application, Julep Maven, Cate Fryland, Cate's Catchall

There you have it! Sorry for the major picture dump in the post, but I wanted to show y'all everything and not just run through them too much... If you're interested in becoming a Julep Maven you can get 50% off your Welcome Box today! Also, like their FaceBook page because they post great deals, I actually got my first box FREE! 
*this is not a paid post



Comments