Freeman Face Mask


Hey guys!

I hope y'all all had a great week!

Today I wanted to introduce you guys to one of my favorite face masks! First of all, I have very fair skin that is both super sensitive and dry. As a result a lot of face masks make my skin feel very tight or dry it out even more, so when I find a good one I like to share it!
freeman, charcoal and black sugar polishing mask, exfoliating, face mask, cate fryland, cate's catchall, skin care
My favorite face mask!

My current favorite for exfoliating is the Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask.  It was an Allure 2013 Best of Beauty award winner so obviously other people have liked it as much as me. The mask claims to be a dual-action purifying mask that "helps absorb oil and impurities without over-drying and then exfoliates away dulling skin cells for softness and clarity." It also claims to be for all-skin types, and I can attest that it works great for my skin. I also recommended it to two of my girlfriends and they loved it too! You can get this mask at almost every drugstore or an Ulta. I get mine at CVS just because it is closest to me.

So basically this mask comes out really dark and grainy because of the charcoal and black sugar.
Charcoal and Black Sugar Polishing Mask, Freeman, exfoliating, face mask, cate's catchall, skin care
Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask

You then spread a think layer over you skin and let it sit for 7 minutes. When I initially spread it around my face feels warmer which is apparently when all the dirt and grime is being lifted out of your skin (gross), but after about 30 seconds I don't notice anything.
Charcoal and Black Sugar Polishing Mask, face mask, exfoliating, freeman, cate's catchall, skin care
It's true love that I show y'all this photo...

The real magic happens after 7 minutes when you spend at least 60 seconds scrubbing away to exfoliate your skin. Don't be afraid that it is really rough because I was at first use but then realized my skin was so, so much better after. You then proceed to rinse off the mask and whats left behind is super soft, smooth skin!

Freeman, face mask, Charcoal and Black Sugar Polishing Mask, exfoliating, cate fryland, cate's catchall, skin care, review
No make-up, post face mask


I follow up with some of my CeraVe everyday moisturizer if I've done the mask during the morning, or my super duty Julep Night Shift if I'm doing it before bed. The mask honestly makes your skin feel amazing and I think really helps my make up go on smooth.  To demonstrate how well it works I only used a little bit of MAC Pro Longwear Concealer and then my MaryKay Mineral Powder Foundation that I normally don't get enough coverage from.
Freeman, face mask, Charcoal and Black Sugar Polishing Mask, exfoliating, cate fryland, cate's catchall, skin care, review
Just canceler and powder foundation

Overall I really do see a brightening effect from this mask and it makes my skin very soft and sort of preps it for moisturizers or other skin care products. I try to do this mask twice a week but usually end up only doing it once...
Freeman, face mask, Charcoal and Black Sugar Polishing Mask, exfoliating, cate fryland, cate's catchall, skin care, review
Finished make-up look
Have y'all tried this mask? Which ones should I check out next?

Comments